It turns out this blogging business it harder to keep up than I thought. I’ve a long list of coffee shops, cookery schools and products I want to tell you about, but finding the time recently to write about them has been a problem. Besides, nobody really reads this, right?
Well, it turns out I was wrong! The lovely author of The Delgrosso Food Blog has not only been reading (really? people I don’t know? all over the world?) but has also nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. OK it’s kind of like those chain letters that as a teenager you had to copy out and send to 7 other people, but it’s actually a great way to find out about some new blogs and connect with others who are on the same wavelength.
So here’s how it works:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Pass the award onto 15 other blogs you enjoy reading
- Contact the bloggers to let them know they’ve been nominated.
7 things you didn’t know about me
I’ll try and keep this short and sweet. This blog isn’t really meant to be about me, so I’ll let you in on my favourite things… all potential posts for the future! My favourite…
- Food: Pie & mash- preferably Steak & Ale, with cheesy mash and always with a mound of peas, gravy optional
- Coffee shop: St Ali’s, Clerkenwell
- Salted caramel (and trust me, I’ve tried a lot): Fran’s Chocolates– sadly only available in Seattle
- London market: Broadway, with Columbia Road a close second
- Guilty pleasure: Glee/Desperate Housewives and a Boost bar
- Restaurant: Corner Room, Bethnal Green
- Cookery school: Waitrose, Finchley Road
And the nominees are…
I’m going to break the mould a bit, so here are my top ten blogs that I love. Some recipe-based, some story-based, some funny, some serious, most beautifully-photographed, and all worth a good read. There’s a world of talented food writers out there!